There is quote on one of the bathroom stalls at the Universidad de Sevilla that says,
"Stay curious and you will travel to the ends of the earth."
I know bathroom stalls aren't the best places to receive advice, but I don't care because I agree 100% with this statement.
Curiosity is my drive. It's my motor, my energy. It moves me to wander down Sevilla's tiny streets mapless, to get on janky RyanAir flights (oh RyanAir) to see timeless places, and to try food I never thought I would try. I thrive on curiosity. I always have to know how things look, feel, taste, and hear with my own senses.
I never want to loose the curiosity I have for people or places. I want to keep myself open to the big, big world we live in. Therefore, I want to travel more. I want to wander more. I want to learn more. I'm not done just because this adventure of mine is ending. I'm actually just beginning. Traveling is not a dream for me anymore, it's a reality and I'm so thankful for this experience to teach me that. That I can do anything. That I can wander. That I can drift... for awhile. Not forever, but for awhile.
So, thank you Sevilla for igniting my curiosity again. Thank you for the many lessons you've taught me. I'll never forget you.
No comments:
Post a Comment