The past few days have been filled with walking, talking, laughing, and a little crying... just a little.
The crying occurred when I greeted my mom in Sevilla and when she saw her old apartment here in Sevilla. So basically it's just Jane who's tearing up. Surprised? Not me. : ) I mean I don't blame her, I can't imagine coming back to Sevilla in 25 years and seeing mama Lola's house. I would probably blubber a bit.
I'm just so glad that she decided to come to Sevilla in the first place, because then I probably wouldn't be here now. I chose to come to Sevilla because I just HAD to see what was so wonderful about this city in Spain where my mom spent her wonder years. And I can say that Sevilla IS all it's cracked up to be. Traveling is what it's cracked up to be, despite my what my calloused pinky toes will tell you.
I am entering the other half of this experience. I am entering the reflective period, even thought I still have 6 weeks left. 6 weeks seems like seconds. Really fast seconds. Anyway, do you remember the post I talked about vulnerability? About looking back and being really proud of an accomplishment. That is me right now. I look at what I've accomplished in the past couple months and I'm proud of myself. I'm proud of my achy feet that are always walking, of my 2,732 pictures (half of them of balconies and doors), and proud that I have memories of this time in my life.
I think part of these feelings are conjured up because my mom and brother are HERE! I hadn't seen them in 9 weeks and now they're HERE! (Yes, I like to capitalize words, it adds emphasize) I love that they are in my world right now. We're having a great time. Like I said above, we ventured to my mom's old street, Calle Peral and saw her old 3rd floor apartment where she has so many memories. I'm glad we can both share love for this city and the memories it has brought her and will bring me.
And don't worry, I'm coming back to Sevilla. I know what church I'm getting married in already. It's yellow. You all will get an invite : )
This week has been perfect weather for my mom and brother. 70s and sunny. Lovely. This Wednesday we're heading down to Cádiz for a day at the beach. Forecast = 76 and sunny.
We spent the day in Granada on Sunday and met a student from Forest Hills Eastern in line at the Alhambra, of all places! He is studying in England for the year. Isn't it a small world?
Anywho, I'll leave you with a pic of the 3 musketeers here in Sevilla : )
awwww.... I miss the Pantoja family. Glad you got this time together.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great picture of your family! I so enjoy reading about your experiences and I can't wait to hear about them in person!
ReplyDeleteWe miss you too em!
ReplyDeleteKat, thanks for reading love! Yes, I'm inviting myself over to your cute house downtown so we can catch up. Miss you : )