Thursday, April 14, 2011

Morocco here I come!

Tomorrow I depart for one of my last trips of the semester. Morocco.

I really have no idea what to expect from this trip. We are traveling to Gibraltar then taking a ferry across the Strait of Gibraltar, then continuing our journey 5 more hours to Fes. We will stay in Fez for a few days then off to the Sahara dessert to camp for 2 nights. Our last stop will be in the city of Meknes for a night.

I am most exciting about the camping in the desert part. I mean, when else in life am I going to camp in the desert? Also, to get to the desert, we will be taking Jeep 4x4s. (!!!) We are also going to be riding camels and watching the sunrise one morning. This is going to be an experience of a lifetime.

Fes (via Flickr)






































Anyway, a recap on what's going on here in Sevilla.

It has been hot, hot, hot here. Pushing 90 everyday. The evenings around 8:30pm are perfect. 78 and a beautiful pink and orange dusk sky. My favorite. I have been spending my time just enjoying the noises, smells, and sights of Sevilla. I want to remember everything when I return home. I know I'm going to miss all the little stuff, so I'm trying to be more aware of the small things in my surroundings.

Saturday Katelyn and I spent the day shopping and hanging out. We did our normal rounds to H&M and Blanco, but also to this organic market in the Alameda. I got some honey and some pretty smelling perfume, perfect for spring. Sunday we laid by the river for a very long time, but I still cant get rid of my awful flat tan line on my feet. My toesies are still so pale.

Other than that I have been living my day to day life here in Sevilla. Going to class, hanging out with friends, and soaking up this beautiful experience.

I'll be sure to update with pictures when I return home on Wednesday.

Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment