Wednesday, February 9, 2011

She Flies with Her Own Wings

I always knew that this trip would stretch me and the person I am, but also knew that through the stretching (if you will), I would grow into a better version of myself. I also knew that I would discover new things about myself as well as explore set personality traits that I already have. Here is a list of what I am learning about myself thus far.

1. I am a homebody. I don't think I could ever travel continuously. As in, not have a rooted home.

2. I am easily infatuated. I get really excited about seeing a turtle in the river and an old couple holding hands.

3. I'm not necessarily a map person. Let me explain. Monday was probably the best day I've had here so far because I was on my own in Sevilla, just walking around. I was led by my curiosity and not by my map. I had my map in my bag just in case I did get lost, but I didn't need the sucker! I give credit to my dad for my directional skills.

4. I am not a picky eater. I have not disliked any of mama Lola's meals thus far. Actaully, I have LOVED them all! Especially the lasagna she made us today for lunch. Yummm (I did, however throw a fit when there was tuna on my salad at a rest stop from Toledo to Sevilla. Rest stop tuna and me just don't get along.)

5. I am an overpacker. That's it. Deal with it.

6. I like closure, but I'm learning to like vulnerability as well. Let me explain this one too. Katelyn and I had a discussion about this today during lunch. I don't like the vulnerable parts of things. When you feel as if your heart is in the middle of the street for everyone to stare at. When you feel so sensitive and raw to things around you. I like went the vulnerable parts of life or experiences pass. Like freshman year of college. AHH. Meeting all new people is exciting yes, but I like to skip past the icky, vulnerable parts. Is this me being a baby? I don't know, but I do know that when I look back at vulnerable experiences in my life, I am always grateful that I made myself vulnerable for a period of time. My favorite part is looking back and seeing how much I've grown and learn since that experience. One should never stop learning or growing.

7. Lastly, to be a Sevillana (female Sevillian citizen) you NEED boots. Cute boots. It's a good thing I strolled down to Mary Paz and got myself some! Soy una Sevillana!

I'll leave you with this beautiful picture of Plaza de EspaƱa.

2 comments:

  1. Lola, I'm proud of your maturity and reflectiveness. You are awesome. Love you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, thanks for being a wonderful sister : )

    ReplyDelete