Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Rainy Day Blues

"Can't you see that it's just rainin' 
There ain't no need to go outside

But baby, you hardly even notice
When I try to show you 
this song It's meant to keep you
From doin' what you're suppose to 
Like wakin' up too early
Maybe we could sleep in
I'll make you banana pancakes 
Pretend like it's the weekend now"

Oh Jack, I could listen to you all day. Especially since it's raining cats and dogs here. 

Today I only have 1 class from 5-7pm so I am relaxing all day getting various tasks completed. Homework (blah), letter writing, and reading are all on my list. 

The rain gives me an excuse to be lazy and stay inside, but I would really love to be outside in the sunshine today. The rain brings my spirits down a bit, being stuck in my bedroom all day. 

I'm still wrestling with some homesickness. I crave my comfortable surroundings, but I know that God has larger plans for me and my vulnerability. 

Moving on...

My classes are going good so far. I switched my schedule a bit because my Creative Writing class was not quality. I am now taking Spanish Literature of the 19th and 20th Centuries instead. 

My current schedule is: 

M&W Spanish Lit XIX-XX 5-7pm
T&TH Spanish Grammar I 11am-1pm
            Literature of Sevilla 3-5pm
            Economy and Society in Contemporary Spain 7-9pm

All these classes are in Spanish. The first week was very overwhelming. Things are getting better and I feel my listening skills improve, but my speaking skills are plateauing. Katelyn and I are starting to speak more Spanish with each other. That's what friends are for, right?! 

One of the greatest things about studying in Europe is that one can find dirt cheap tickets to other European cities. Kate and I just purchased 2 roundtrip tickets to Paris from March 3-6 for 268 euros. That's 134 euros each! Kate has a friend who lives and works in Paris, so we are going to stay with her during our visit. 

Well, I don't have too much on my mind today. Going to keep busy with my tasks. 

Rain, you can stop anytime now.

Mucho amor, 

Kristina

Oh and P.S. here's my address if any of you enjoy snail mail : ) I certainly do!

International Studies Abroad
ISA (Sevilla) 
Attn: Kristina Pantoja
C/ San Isidoro, 30
41004 Sevilla, Spain

I gave some of you my home address and it's fine to send things there, but the ISA office is preferred. 

2 comments:

  1. So this just popped up on my facebook news feed and I have to say I'm quite impressed with your blog...too cool. And I had to comment on your jack johnson post because I was totally singin that song all day when it was rainy and nasty here...I love me some Jack Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tony! Isn't Jack wonderful? And yes, him and I are on a first name basis : )

    ReplyDelete